Follow Us

fredag den 12. april 2013

Homemade Onion Rings With My Very Own Recipe On The Batter!



Then I got my very own recipe together for onion rings. They are super good in a burger or just as a snack. They include beer and chili, delicious! I do not really like beer, but the good thing is that you can not taste the beer. The beer is just there to make the dough airy, and give the rings a beautiful form. But I can surely say that the picture is worth a thousand words, right?



For 4-6 people, if it is as a snack, or 6-8 people if it is to be used in the burger.
Recipe:
2-3 large onions
1/3 cup beer
2/3 cup milk
150 g flour
3 egg yolks
1 ½ egg whites
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili
1 ½ tablespoon oil

extra flour to the onions

Oil for frying

Method:
Mix flour, salt and chili well together, then add oil, egg yolks, milk and beer. Then you whip well so any lumps disappear. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Get the oil to about 190 degrees.
While the mixture is in the refrigerator chop the onions into 1 cm thick rings.
Then you whip the egg whites light and airy.
Now mix the mixture and whites well. Mix the onions in a little flour so the dough hangs on better, and dip them in the batter and then down in the hot oil, but only a little at a time as they stick to one another, if there are too many in! I only made 3 at the time, but also because I use a small pot. They must have 3-4 minutes or until golden.

Remember to salt the rings after taking them up from the hot oil!

Bon Appetite!

Eaten as a snack or burger!


















Follow my food blog on Facebook, that whould make my day! thank you! :-)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Dear Julia you have got an amazing blog. I am following you. Sometimes even you can drop by to my website, see u around. Wahsushkitchen

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear that! I will drop by your blog, and check it out! :-)

      Slet